ISSUE DOM Level 3 events

From: Thierry Kormann <tkormann@ilog.fr>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:13:04 +0200
To: "Www-Dom" <www-dom@w3.org>
Cc: "W3c-Svg-Wg" <w3c-svg-wg@w3.org>

Hi,

Could the DOM WG clarify the following sentence please:

http://www.w3.org/2002/08/WD-DOM-Level-3-Events-20020806/events.html

1.5.3. Specified as attributes on the element

"As such, registration of a second event listener of the same type would
replace the first listener."

Does that mean that if we have a event attribute such as 'onclick', and then
by script we add a new event listener on that element, the 'onclick'
function will not be invoked anymore?

Or does that simply mean that if we change the 'onclick' attribute value,
the first function will not be invoked anymore (same as described in the
next paragraph) ?

Thierry.