Level 3 Events comment: TextEvent.visibleOutputGenerated

From: David Flanagan <david@oreilly.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:08:29 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-dom@w3.org
Cc: david@davidflanagan.com

I think the visibleOutputGenerated attribute of TextEvent could use some
clarification.  Are non-printing characters such as spaces and newlines
visible characters?  This is not entirely clear as currently worded.
Also, it seems to me that the following is always true:

	visibleOuputGenerated == (outputString != null)

I think it would be helpful to either confirm that this is always the
case, or to give an example of a case in which it is not the case.

Also, in the IDL definition for TextEvent, you have a spurrious
"Introduced in DOM Level 3" comment before initTextEventNS().  It is
unnecessary since the entire interface was introduced in Level 3.

      David Flanagan