DOM Usability

From: Thomas Hochstetter <thomash@gmx.co.za>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:59:29 +0200 (MEST)
To: www-dom@w3.org

Hi guys,

I have a question about the DOM/ XML usability.
I would like to run a test site (homepage) with different scripting sections
(one using php others actionscript, asp, js). Those section should always
use the same content. I thought of writing an XML file with all that content
(as a small database - for starters). For now I just want to use js to parse
the file. I would host this with a sp, and I know that one needs to have
MSXML4.0 on the machine to be able to parse with DOM.

Will most servers have that? Or what is the way to go about it? Instead use
a SQL Database?

Thanks
Thomas Hochstetter

http://www.gmx.net