Re: SVG WG is asking for feedback - event propagation

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:50:00 -0500
To: rayw@netscape.com (Ray Whitmer)
Cc: Thierry Kormann <tkormann@ilog.fr>, W3c-Svg-Wg <w3c-svg-wg@w3.org>, Www-Dom <www-dom@w3.org>, "Arnaud Le Hors" <lehors@us.ibm.com>, Philippe Le Hégaret <plh@w3.org>

On Friday, 03/22/2002 at 10:13 PST, rayw@netscape.com (Ray Whitmer) wrote:
>  In some cases it would violate security  to permit them to even be
manually bridged

If the DOM Event APIs are exposed, I don't see any way to prevent a
relationship from being established manually -- at least not within the
scope of the DOM as currently designed.

This sounds like an issue for a security-aware subclass of the DOM, and I
don't think that flavor is even on the Open Issues List yet. It may come
closest to the read-only DOM proposal, or perhaps the transactional
proposal... but I think one can make a good case for it being best left as
something for higher-level code to define and deal with, since different
contexts may have significantly different concerns.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research