Using xerces with Unicode

From: Aniruddha Shevade <ashevade@actuate.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 19:16:27 -0800
To: www-dom@w3.org
Hello
   Can i use the normal xerces library when I am dealing with Unicode
strings . Or does this require the xerces to be
built with a different option. I am havinf problems with data being sent in
UTF 8 . The parser does not seem to be returning
the correct UCS -2  string when I do a getNodeValue() for a text Node when
dealing with  unicode characters ( such as Japaneese, Russian )

Thanks for any help / suggestions

-Aniruddha