getElementsByName

From: Jonathan Watt <0jaw@qlink.queensu.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:16:24 -0500
To: www-dom@w3.org
Can someone clarify the getElementsByName method for me. It appears in DOM1
but not in DOM2 or DOM3 WD. I see that it exists both in IE6 and in NS6 -
although it doesn't seem to work on the SVG documents that I have tested it
in. Has it been removed from the spec? If not should it be available on
documentElements other than the <html> element. For example should it be
available on the <svg> element?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan.