Re: LS: DOMWriter DOM Level 1 vs DOM Level 2 Nodes

From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 16:23:50 -0800
To: "Www-Dom@W3.Org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Interesting comments Glenn. You made me realize that we (the WG) are
using the terms "DOM Level 1 nodes" and "DOM Level 2 nodes" for
something non obvious and which we have never really defined. So it's no
surprise it leads to confusion. :-)

What we actually mean by these is nodes without namespace info (created
with createElement, createAttribute, and setAttribute), and nodes with
namespace info (created with createElementNS, createAttributeNS, and

We need to fix the spec. Thanks for your comments.
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM, XML Standards Strategy Group / W3C AC Rep.