accessing frame element?

From: alex <shortestpath@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:20:49 -0800 (PST)
To: www-dom@w3.org
I have 2 frames in an html page. I've given
id's to each frame:

<frame id="frame1" ....
<frame id="frame2" ....

frame1 contains links, and frame2 is the target.
I want to be able to tell when a new page has
loaded in frame2. Is this possible?

I've tried a little test first just to see if
I can even get to frame 2, and it seems I can't.
I have within my <head> tags of my html page:

<script language="javascript">
alert(document.getElementById("rame2").id);
</script>

But this gives me an error. Is it possible to
do what I've described?

thanks in advance,
-alex