RE: getElementsByTagName() in Mozilla HTML implementation

Absolutely. However, the problem is mostly focused on DOM *HTML*
getElementsByTagName(). Spec inconsistencies have spanned interpretation
differences between Mozilla and IE implementations.

I have to agree with Thomas Much that (as far as DOM Level 1 HTML), the
best solution is to be case INsensitive to tag names and keep backwards
compatibility with existing code and markup.

Kindest regards,

Manos