RE: getElementsByTagName() in Mozilla HTML implementation

From: Manos Batsis <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:20:12 +0200
To: "Rowland Shaw" <Rowland.Shaw@crystaldecisions.com>
Cc: "Thomas Much" <thomas@snailshell.de>, "Curt Arnold" <curta_ontheroad@yahoo.com>, <www-dom@w3.org>

Absolutely. However, the problem is mostly focused on DOM *HTML*
getElementsByTagName(). Spec inconsistencies have spanned interpretation
differences between Mozilla and IE implementations.

I have to agree with Thomas Much that (as far as DOM Level 1 HTML), the
best solution is to be case INsensitive to tag names and keep backwards
compatibility with existing code and markup.

Kindest regards,

Manos