sorting ?

From: alex <shortestpath@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:27:36 -0800 (PST)
To: www-dom@w3.org
is there some built in method in dom
for sorting?

Specifically, what I want to do is sort
an html table. The table itself, as well
as each row and cell has an id. I want
to be able to sort the rows, based on
a particular column.

I was wondering if dom provided for such
a thing, so I wouldn't have to write a
function to do the sorting myself.

Thanks!

=====
"As soon as we started programming, we found out to our surprise that it wasn't as easy to get programs right as we had thought. Debugging had to be discovered. I can remember the exact instant when I realized that a large part of my life from then on was going to be spent in finding mistakes in my own programs."
-Maurice Wilkes