Re: Summary of DOM HTML Level 2 errors reported by IE

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:25:19 -0500
To: www-dom-ts@w3.org, www-dom@w3.org

Continuing a thread started in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-ts/2002Jun/0038.html

>HTMLAreaElement06            CASE problem    expected rect but returned RECT (Test needs changed)

This is similar to the color tests described earlier in the day.

There is no specific instruction in
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-HTML/html.html#ID-26019118 that
addresses the allowable changes to the case of attribute values (though
element and attribute tag names are explicitly addressed).  I think it
would be good to extend a case-insensitive comparision cause to include
any attribute value designated as case-insensitive in the HTML
recommendation.  Otherwise, we are just bending the tests to meet the
deployed implementations.