Re: DOM for HTML

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 04:14:07 -0400
To: Step <step1b@cyberspace.org>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org

> Thanks for the response. This seems to be newly introduced in DOM Level 2,
> why were not all attributes for an element put in that HTML*Element in
> DOM Level 1?

Let's not confuse attributes and properties.... I suspect the "style"
_property_ was not present in DOM1 because DOM1 does not have any way to
manipulate style data (this is just a guess, though).  The "style"
_attribute_, on the other hand, can be manipulated with the DOM1
setAttribute() and getAttribute() methods.

Boris
617-864-9910
"Windows is packaged with Solitaire (ooh)! Linux is
distributed with Doom ... you can have your deck of
cards, I'll take a chainsaw!"

                  --- paraphrase from comp.os.linux.advocacy