Re: Creating <!DOCTYPE programmatically

From: Elena Litani <elitani@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 16:25:13 -0400
To: www-dom@w3.org
Joseph Kesselman wrote:
> DOM3 was considering allowing later binding of the DocumentType node to the
> Document; I'm not sure what the current status of that proposal is.

DOM Level 3 allows the doctype node to be changed:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-DOM-Level-3-Core-20020409/core.html#ID-B63ED1A31

It is also implemented in Xerces2: the latest code from CVS will allow
you to remove/add doctype.

For more information see the "how to modify DOCTYPE node in an existing
document?" thread in xerces-j-user list:

Thanks,
--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto