RE: Node.isEqualNode

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:27:59 -0400
Cc: <www-dom@w3.org>

>Yet cloning a node with CloneNode's argument "deep" set to false will
>perform no cloning of the children (except for an Attribute)

Last time I looked at the DOM3 spec (too long ago!), there was a
corresponding "deep" argument for isEqualNode(). But  this seems to be
absent in the current public working draft for DOM3 Core. I'm slightly
surprised, since it seems a trivial addition to the API.

Question for the DOM team: Is the problem that nobody had a good usage case
for shallow testing of a node, or did this just fall through the cracks?
(It would seem to me that shallow testing is at least as useful as shallow
cloning...)

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research