From: Zeljko VELAJA <zvelaja@visualfriendly.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 12:10:07 +0200
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
First of all as a newcommer to this list I'd like to send my greetings to
all its members.

Now I can ask my question :

DOM Level 3 introduces the method isEqualNode(in Node arg, in boolean deep).

I do not understand the use of the boolean argument deep : "if true,
recursively compare the subtrees; if false, compare only the nodes
themselves".  Now a little before in the specifications it's said that two
nodes are equal is the "childNodes NodeLists are equal. This is : they are
both null, or they have the same length and contain equal nodes at the same

Now how can I test the equality of two child nodes without recursively
calling isEqualNode ? So as I understand it it does not matter if deep is
true or false, the general contract requires that recursion be done. What's
your opinion about this topic ?