Re: HTML DOM implementations in Java

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 12:53:57 -0600
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> Is anybody aware of any DOM parsers/implementations that implement the
> HTML DOM? either level 1 or the draft of level 2? So far, none of the
> major XML ones I've looked at support it.

I know that Xerces-J has classes like HTMLAnchorElementImpl that would
indicate that at least some effort was made at supporting the HTML DOM, but
I haven't actual tried to exercise that code and I'm pretty sure that they
return false for hasFeature("HTML",null).  If the status seems unclear, you
might ask on the xerces-j-dev list.

I'm definitely interested in identifying any Java-based DOM implementations
on HTML content and Java-based HTML DOM implementations on XML or other
content for the test suite work.