Re: [www-dom] <none>

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:20:39 -0500
To: css2-editors@w3.org, www-dom@w3.org

Personal opinions, not official statement:

>1. there does not seem to be any way in the specifications to manage
multiple window

Windows are a rendering/presentation issue, and are currently out of the
DOM API's scope. The DOM provides a way to represent/manipulate the CSS
stylesheet, but not to probe the results.

>a. there is no one specifying that the document object must have things
that we have come to rely on in the browser.

Standardizing more of the browser environment would probably be a good
thing. It's unclear that doing so is or should be the responsibility of the
Document Object Model.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research