RE: nullpointer : very important abnormality

From: Andrew Anand <anand.andrew@fedex.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:38:36 -0600
To: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>, "Americo Albuquerque" <chainsword@altavista.com>
Cc: "andrewfdx" <anand.andrew@fedex.com>, <www-dom@w3.org>
I have a similar situation.
I can retrieve the value of element(p) using

I can parse my XML using xerces DOMParser and retrieve the element value.
If my XML is based on a DTD which contains more than 2 child dtds, still i
can successfully parse the XML and retrieve the element value using
 document.getElementsByTagName("p")  ONLY some indefinite number of times
before my applcation hangs. After this point I can still parse the xml but
invoking the
same method document.getElementsByTagName("p") results in NULL POINTER

Could you please elaborate on this aspect as soon as you can.
I think this is very abnormal behaviour for the DOM(document ) methods to
work for an indefinite amount of time.
System crashes after running normally for an  indefinite amount of time,
even with case of XML based on dtd containing 3 child dtds.

Would you please elaborate on this aspect as soon as you get a chance,