RE: CDATA Section nodes in DOM.

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:16:26 -0500
To: www-dom@w3.org
> From: "Joseph Kesselman" <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
> Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:30:53 -0500
> Subject: RE: CDATA Section nodes in DOM.
> [ ... ]
> The proposed DOM Level 3 "whole text" operations and XPath API will
> simplify this somewhat. I don't remember offhand whether the Level 3
> load/save operations have the option of discarding CDATASection boundaries;
> if not, that might be worth considering.

It is a DOMBuilder feature:

[required] (default)
 Create CDATASection nodes in response to the
 appearance of CDATA sections in the XML document.
 Do not create CDATASection nodes in the DOM document.
 The content of any CDATA sections in the XML document appears in
 the DOM as if it had been normal (non-CDATA) content. If a CDATA
 section is adjacent to other content, the combined content appears
 in a single Text node, i.e. the Text nodes are into "normal" form.