RE: CDATA Section nodes in DOM.

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:16:26 -0500
To: www-dom@w3.org
> From: "Joseph Kesselman" <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
> Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:30:53 -0500
> Subject: RE: CDATA Section nodes in DOM.
> [ ... ]
> The proposed DOM Level 3 "whole text" operations and XPath API will
> simplify this somewhat. I don't remember offhand whether the Level 3
> load/save operations have the option of discarding CDATASection boundaries;
> if not, that might be worth considering.

It is a DOMBuilder feature:

"create-cdata-nodes"
true
[required] (default)
 Create CDATASection nodes in response to the
 appearance of CDATA sections in the XML document.
 false
[optional]
 Do not create CDATASection nodes in the DOM document.
 The content of any CDATA sections in the XML document appears in
 the DOM as if it had been normal (non-CDATA) content. If a CDATA
 section is adjacent to other content, the combined content appears
 in a single Text node, i.e. the Text nodes are into "normal" form.

Philippe