CDATA Section nodes in DOM.

From: Jan-Arve Saether <jana@birdstep.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:13:22 +0100
To: "'www-dom@w3.org'" <www-dom@w3.org>
Sorry if this question have already been answered:

Why does DOM have the CDATASection interface. Isn't CDATA Sections
just of interest when you are serializing a document?
(You need to escape certain characters etc)

For instance, does the DOM spec say anything about that you have to return a
node of the
same type as it was created?. For instance, can I instansiate a Text node
in the tree if the user actually called Document::createCDATASection ?

This also gives a potential problem when you are performing XPath
queries on your document, and it does not comply with the Infoset
specification. (Yes, I know that the specification is quite fresh :-)

Best regards
Jan-Arve Sæther