Re: Patterns for NamedNodeMap implementation (was Hi)

From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:42:01 -0700
To: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>, anu sha <anusha_2002gva@yahoo.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
> There are several open-source implementations (Xerces-C, Xerces-J, Crimson,
> Mozilla, DOM4J, libxml, etc) that you can examine for implementation
> patterns,

Ditto the GNUJAXP version of DOM (evolved from what seems to have been
the first generally available implementation of DOM Level 2 in Java).  In

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/classpathx/jaxp/source/gnu/xml/dom/

DomAttr and DomNamedNodeMap classes ... also linear searches, on
the grounds that most XML documents don't use very many attributes.

> >  So,please tell me,according to DOM specification what
> >  should be the key of NamedNodeMap?Is it
> >  qualifiedName(two-part name containing prefix and
> >   localName) or two-part name
> >   containing localName and namespaceURI?

Results compatible with both views are needed at the same time,
another reason to stick to simpler data structures.

- Dave