Re: systemId within DocType Interface

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:29:59 -0400
To: Rick Rivello <richard.rivello@nist.gov>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
[moved to www-dom]

Rick Rivello wrote:

> I'm going over the DOM Level 2 tests and have a question
> about the systemId attribute within the DocumentType interface.
>
> Some of the parsers return the absolute URI while others return
> just the file name.  Are both valid?  If not what should be returned?

The DOM specification doesn't say anything about that. It is defined as
a URI reference by the XML 1.0 specification. The Infoset doesn't say anything
either. So I guess both relative and absolute forms of the systemId are valid
in that case, even if DOM Level 2 doesn't give access to the baseURI.

Philippe