Regarding setNamedItem!!!

From: Thara S <s_thara@rti.daimlerchrysler.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:14:29 +0100
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Hi!!!

Could someone help me out on this tooooo!!!

When I have both DOM Level 1 and level 2 methods implemented, to implement a parse function which parses an input XML file,what kind of checking  should
 I make to choose an appropriate method from level 1 or level 2 (the one with namespaces). For example, in the input XML FILE, when I encounter an attribute node of an element, how do I know whether setNamedItem or setNamedItemNS should be called?

thanx in advance,

regards
Thara