Re: DOM Level 3 XPath Specification and entity references

From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:52:04 -0700
To: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>, www-dom@w3.org
> (If XPath and DOM hadn't diverged, this kluge wouldn't be necessary

... I presume that any discussions about converging the data
models haven't been successful?

The DOM house has a little too much gingerbread for most
purposes I've seen.  Better defaults would help ... such as
saying that boundaries for entity refs and CDATA will be
ignored by default when building a DOM tree.

- Dave