RE: Full infoset support for DOM 3 Core

Philippe wrote:
> We carefully considered
> exposing the [in-scope namespace] in Core, essentially  to
> have them for the XPath DOM. We concluded that XPath DOM
> wasn't a sufficient  reason to expose in the DOM and impose
> this new cost on all DOM Core  implementations. We added them
> in the XPath DOM [5] but are open to suggestions  (and
> *really* good reasons) to move them in the Core.

In one of my first messages on the recent Xpath draft, I suggested that the XPathNamespace node might be better in the Core, however since the behavior is trying to implement behavior that is defined
in the Xpath spec, keeping it in the Xpath spec is probably appropriate.

XPathNamespaceResolver might be more appropriate in the Core however with the expectation that it would be supported by most objects that implement Node.  If added to the core, then it should map both
ways, that is getNSPrefixForURI() and getURIForNSPrefix().