Re: The phrase: Node created by Document needs clarification

At 10:24 AM 8/30/01 -0500, you wrote:
>There should be a text node between <bold> and <italic> elements.  It would
>seem to a bug in the implementation that you are using, which,
>unfortunately, you did not specify either the implementation or version.
>You might look for a different version of the parser or a parser
>configuration flag like ignoreWhitespace or ignoreElementContentWhitespace
>and set that to false in case the behavior was an overaggressive elimination
>of whitespace.  It is also possible that the text node but was wrongfully
>eliminated when written out to a file.

Or, the DOM implementation uses node->normalize() function which removes
the whitespaces and joins all adjacent text nodes. An expected
normalization of the nodes is taken into considereation by I18N Working
Group, as is stated on the DOM core website.

Is the user's job to preserve whitespaces (e.g) for correct output when
using DOM implementations?

I'm new on this mail-list, so forgive me if i'm asking something that
already was asked, but i didn't quite finished browsing all the articles in
the mail-list...

Razvan Costea-Barlutiu
Department of Radiology,
The University of Chicago