Re: DocumentEvent.createEvent() : was [Events] removeEventListener...

From: David Flanagan <david@oreilly.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:42:24 -0700
To: "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
CC: "'www-dom@w3.org'" <www-dom@w3.org>
I agree that the wording of the description for DocumentEvent.createEvent() is ambiguous, and should be fixed.

However, in the sections that follow (1.6.1 to 1.6.5) there are Note: paragraphs (I think these are normative, not just informative) that very clearly state the argument that should be passed to
createEvent() to create an Event object of a desired type.  In each case, the plural module name is correct.  The interface name is incorrect.

In response to your particular example below, note that the spec says that the correct way to create a plain Event object is by passing the argument "HTMLEvents"!

    David Flanagan