what is the CSSValue.CSS_CUSTOM type for?

From: David Flanagan <david@oreilly.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:16:19 -0700
To: www-dom@w3.org

The CSSValue interface defines a constants CSS_CUSTOM, which the spec
describes as "The value is a custom value".  Unfortunately, I can't any
mention of "custom values" in the index of the DOM CSS spec, or of the
CSS2 spec itself.

Can someone tell me what this means and give an example of when it might
be used?  If I have a CSSValue object that represents a custom value,
can I do anything with it other than query its cssText property?

    David Flanagan