Re: value property of the HTMLSelectElement

From: David Flanagan <david@oreilly.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 10:16:32 -0700
To: Thomas Much <thomas@snailshell.de>
CC: www-dom@w3.org
Okay, so  you're saying that the value attribute of a select element s is the
same thing as
s.options[s.selectedIndex].value.  This is a useful shortcut.  Still, since
HTML does not define a value
attribute for the <SELECT> tag, I think the spec needs to be clarified to say
exactly what this value
property is.

    David Flanagan