Re: How do I validate XML with a DTD using DOM parser

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 10:19:22 -0400
To: "Sindhu O K" <SindhuOK@infy.com>
Cc: <www-dom@w3.org>

Since the DOM doesn't yet provide APIs for controlling a parser, we really
do have to tell you to ask whoever wrote the parser you're using.

DOM Level 3's Load/Save chapter is intended to provide a standardized API
for parsing into a DOM. But that's still a working draft, and of course not
all DOMs will be required to support it even after it becomes a
Recommendation. Again, contact the folks who wrote your implementation to
find out whether they support a prerelease prototype of these APIs.... but
be aware that as a Working Draft it may be subject to frequent changes, and
you may have to recode to track the prototype as it tracks the draft.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research