Re: DOM Level 2 Event Listeners and Document.importNode()

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:50:26 -0400
To: Pat Bateman <patb@genaware.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
Pat Bateman wrote:

> Can you inform me of the desired behaviour of importing a node that has
> event listeners associated with it.

[joe already replied to that question]

> And while on this subject can you answer this same question for
> Document.adoptNode() in DOM Level 3

Good point. We decided to not remove the listeners from the Node since we didn't
see any technical argument to not do so:
[[
When a Node is adopted using the adoptNode method the EventListeners
attached to the source Node stay attached to the adopted Node.
]]

Regards,
Philippe