   Function: noun
   Date: circa 1864
   : one that parses; specifically : a computer program that breaks down
   text into recognized strings of characters for further analysis

I think you will need to make a greater effort to find further
information on your own. A local bookstore or web-based bookstore should
supply a good selection of text resources. The W3 website,
http://www.w3.org, provides a great deal of information on XML assuming
that your parsing interests relate to XML. Finally, a search of the web
using any engine will produce many more details.

Good luck,
Jim.