CSSImportRule's "media" attribute

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 22:35:35 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-dom@w3.org
I have a question about the DOM Style specification...  CSSImportRule
(http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Style/css.html#CSS-CSSImportRule) has
a |media| attribute.  It also has a |styleSheet| attribute, and the
stylesheet pointed to by this attribute has a |media| attribute of it's
own.

Now, both attributes are readonly but the corresponding MediaList
objects have methods that can be used to modify them.  The question I
have is twofold:

1)  If the MediaList corresponding to the import rule is modified, does
    this automatically modify the MediaList corresponding to the
    imported stylesheet?

2)  If the answer to #1 is yes, what's the expected value (if any) of

    rule.media == rule.styleSheet.media

    ?  That is, are the two media lists actually the same object?

Boris
617-764-2453
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in
human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.