Re: hasFeature continued

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:37:36 -0400
To: "'www-dom@w3.org'" <www-dom@w3.org>

>The only pattern that would work across all languages is a empty string.

I believe there are other places in the DOM API where we distinguish
between null and empty string." How are those being handled in the
ECMAScript bindings?

(From what you've said, I can see an argument for saying that "unspecified"
_is_ ECMAScript's null value... but it probably ought to be exposed as an
independent mnemonic, since you'll sometimes want null for parameters
before the last.)

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research