RE: Why no concurrency support in DOM?

From: Allen, Michael B (RSCH) <Michael_B_Allen@ml.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:31:34 -0400
To: "'Bob Foster'" <bob.foster@webgain.com>, www-dom@w3.org
The DOM being really just a linked list like data structure would require wrapping everything with mutexes. The is not portable, messy, and doesn't appeal to very many people. Why would you want to
concurrently access a DOM tree anyway?

[Disclaimer: I'm not associated with any WG. I'm just a bistander]

Mike