Re: ActiveNodeSet/StaticNodeSet alternative

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:49:39 -0500
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Okay, maybe it will all come to me when I get some time this weekend.

I don't see a use case for ActiveNodeSet that justifies the apparent
complexity.

For any moderately complex XPath expression, it would seem to be very
difficult
to detect whether a document change would invalidate the NodeSet without
recomputing
the results and comparing it element by element or just throwing it away
if any modification occurs.