Test metadata [was Re: [General] domconftest...]

From: Arnold, Curt <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:59:51 -0600
To: "'www-dom@w3.org'" <www-dom@w3.org>
> > Sure, I'll help -- I should have the rest of
> > the fundamental and extended tests ready
> > by tomorrow.  After the core tests work,
> > we'll have to add metadata info -- but I
> > think I can write a transform to put our
> > original work into the rdf framework --
> > is this what we want to do?  How do we
> > envision the metadata info being used?  Can
> > we write a transform that will allow it to
> > be displayed in a web browser, or will we
> > have to transform off-line and make a html
> > version available?
> >
> > [dd] I think we agreed on using as simple a metadata architecture as
> > possible. Using RDF may be too heavy for this purpose.
> >

> [mb] Yes, I thought so too, but Curt's last version indicated
> rdf styles,
> I thought.  I would just like to know what to put in the
> tests the first
> time around, instead of having to redo them...Can we decide
> this issue?

What I have in the test definition schema are elements that are
patterned after Dublin Core expressed in RDF and XML, but simplified.

Basically, you would have a metadata section like:

<test>
	<metadata>
		<title>somethingTest</title>
		<description>This test does something<description>
		<!-- alternatively these could use resource attributes
                   to identify parties by URI's but that seems like overkill
                   at least initially    -->
		<creator>Mary Brady</creator>
		<contributor>Curt Arnold</contributor>
		<!-- identifies a passage in the spec or
				other resource by URI -->
		<subject resource="http://www.w3.org/1999/DOM-Level-1...#ID-xxxx"/>
		<date modifier="creation">2001-07-05</date>
	</metadata>
</test>

The only thing that I have tried to keep really RDF in XML (as best
I know how) is the list of test subjects extracted from the DOM spec.

How do you have your metadata now?