Re: ActiveNodeSet/StaticNodeSet alternative

These seem to me like distinctly different use cases as previously
indicated. Under what circumstances might an application start with one
of these and subsequently migrate to the other?

Jim.

David Brownell wrote:

> > I think you missed the point of ActiveNodeSet and StaticNodeSet.  It is
> > not so that the application writer can decide which one he thinks would be
> > quicker, but rather so that he can decide which one he can deal with,
> > since it was clear from several sources that each is a use case.
>
> Why not?  It's easy enough to define a base interface so that the
> sharable operations can be shared.  Not all users expect to be
> mutating the tree; why pessimize those other use cases?
>
> Sounds like what's been achieved is "must decide" (early),
> not "can decide" (later, if it's important).
>
> - Dave

James Melton                 CyLogix
609.750.5190                 609.750.5100
james.melton@cylogix.com     www.cylogix.com