Re: Type-safe iteration over the DOM in DOM 2 & 3?

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:20:49 -0500
To: Americo Albuquerque <chainsword@altavista.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org

>Couldn't it be done with something like:
>it simply see what kind of parameter it got and act accordinaly

Sure. But the original request was that we find a way to eliminate that
runtime typecheck. If you're going to do the switch, you might as well do
it in the scanning loop rather than in the object, for reasons previously
discussed.

I've lost track -- Have we returned to a consensus that the Visitor design
pattern is not an unquestionable win after all? Or are there still points
we need to analyse?

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research