RE: XML version number via DOM

From: Watson, Christopher <CWatson@lightspan.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:39:31 -0800
To: "'WWW-DOM List'" <www-DOM@w3.org>
Setting aside the fact that I can't seem to keep myself from responding to
list messages prior to RTFM (honestly, I knew that the Document can, along
with a single Element, have Comments, PIs, and a DocumentType -- I just
glazed over that stuff), the Level 2 DOM still doesn't provide for a
Document Declaration node. So if an implementation wanted the Document to
provide access to the XMLDecl version attribute, it would have to implement
an extension. Correct?

Christopher Watson
Sr. Software Engineer
Lightspan, Inc.