Re: conformant function names

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:20:09 -0500
To: Dieter Köhler <dieter.koehler@ppp.uni-bamberg.de>
Cc: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Dieter Köhler wrote:
> Is an implementation in other languages than Java or ECMAScript still conformant
> if totally different names are chosen?  E.g. in C++ 'delete' is a keyword, so
> MediaList's delete() method has to be renamed.

This issue was reported to the group during the CR period and fixed before
the PR. The method has been renamed to "deleteMedium".

See CSS-12 in
http://www.w3.org/DOM/L2CR2comments_public.html#CSS

So, I guess the answer to your question is no. You should not rename this
method in your C++ bindings. ;-)

Philippe