Re: How can I solve LANGUAGE PROBLEM in XML?

From: Jeffrey Hantin <jhantin@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:12:27 -0800
To: Beynur COSAR <bcosar@temtas.com.tr>
CC: WWW DOM <www-dom@w3.org>
Beynur COSAR wrote:

> I'm new member from TURKEY.
> I try to develop XML database and its views.
>
> The XML didn't accept this writing type with those characters "ř–«‹›"
> ;
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
>  <?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="style.css"?>
>   <note>
> <icinde_not>
>   <to>Mustafa «avuĢoglu</to>
>   <from>Beynur COřAR</from>
>   <heading>Reminder</heading>
> </note>
>
> What can I do in this situation? Thank you for your answers!

It's probably actually rejecting the unclosed <icinde_not> element.  You
can mark it as empty by inserting a '/' before the closing '>'.  Or,
if it really is the characters the parser is not accepting, you can
either replace them with character references, or specify the
character-set
in use in the xml declaration at the top.

--
Jeffrey Hantin