Re: DOM 1/2 Core: Default attributes and other DTD declarations

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 09:34:40 -0500
To: <www-dom@w3.org>

>However, I cannot find any information concerning other DTD
>properties that can be set on attributes,

DTD support in DOM Level 1 and Level 2 is very incomplete; it was deferred
in the hope that we could produce a single solution that would work not
only for DTDs but also for XML Schemas. DOM Level 3 expects to close this
gap.

>And if so, could anybody explain to me why only default attributes
>are dealt with?

Because this seemed to be something we needed to do, and could not defer
and then add later without breaking behavior of existing applications.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research