Re: Doubts about DOM...

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:32:37 -0400
To: Lista DOM <www-dom@w3.org>

> The great doubt is: In this case, what i've to have in my computer
>to use DOM?

1) A DOM implementation.
2) Probably a parser which can build a DOM from an XML text file.
3) Depending on what you're doing, maybe a serializer which will write out
a DOM's contents as an XML text file.

If your browser happens to provide what you need (I haven't looked at IE in
a very long time), that's one solution. Another is to use stand-alone
implementations of these datatypes and functions. The Apache Xerces project
contains all three of the above in both Java and C++ implementations; there
are others.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research