Re: Java doc bugs

Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

> Here is a new try:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/06/java-binding.2.zip
>
> Since the Java sources are generated, I had to change the DOM scripts
> to generate the documentation of Node.
> It fixed the same problem in the Document interface (createElementNS,
> createAttributeNS). Also, the description of importNode wasn't
> "well-formed".

Thanks, it looks better.  From a quick scan, I've noticed these items:

  + The url href mentioned in more than one file does not exist:
    http://www.w3.org/2001/04/WD-DOM-Level-2-Core-20010417

  + It looks like the get/setXXX() methods have the same javadoc, which
may be suboptimal b/c for example, Attr#getValue() says it can throw a
NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR while the DOM spec says that only the
Attr#setValue() method should do this.  In addition, the other javadoc
comments may sound somewhat awkward.  Since it sounds like you are
auto-generating the java bindings, it may be difficult to fix this.  So,
I will leave it up to you as to whether it is worth fixing this to avoid
user complaints.

-Edwin