Inserting text between HTML tags

From: Deepika Nattuva <dnattuva@Vianeta.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:28:37 -0700
To: "'www-dom@w3.org'" <www-dom@w3.org>
Hi,

I have a small question which I could not find in your archives.
It is as follows:
	Can I insert HTML or text at a particular location in the text
enclosed betwen tags.
	I mean suppose if I have a paragraph tag like this enclosing 7 lines
betwwen the tags.
	Can I insert some HTML programmatically after line 3, for eg..?
	If yes how do I do it?

	<P>
	line 1:	Kolkata, June 20: The Justice Manoj Mukherjee Commission
probing the mysterious 	line 2:	disappearance of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
has recorded an affidavit by a freedom 	line 3:	fighter who claimed to have
met Netaji in Myanmar in 1954, years after Bose reportedly 	line 4:	died
in the Taihoku air crash. Mubarak Mazdoor, who described himself as a
freedom 	line 5:	fighter and close associate of Jawaharlal Nehru and
Rafi Ahmed Kidwai, said in the 	line 6:	affidavit that Netaji had been
living in the guise of a Buddhist monk named 'Mong' in the 	line 7:
Golden Pagoda in Myanmar when he had met him.

	</P>

Anticipating a positive response. I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Deepika.