From: www-dom-request@w3.org [mailto:www-dom-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
Philippe Le Hegaret
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 14:27
To: WWW DOM
Subject: Core: new draft

It has been a while since we didn't publish a new version of the Core
draft. This new version contains almost our current state of thoughts
regarding
the Core module:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-DOM-Level-3-Core-20010605

New bits:
  - Merged DOM Level 2 Core and DOM Level 3 Core.
  - prefix/namespaceURI resolution algorithm
  - normalizeNS algorithm
  - Merged Embedded DOM and Core (section 1.1.10):
   * Improved Java bootstrapping for Embedded DOM
   * Embedded DOM function on Node interface (getAs)

We are still working on a full conformance with the Infoset, especially for
Namespace nodes. Next version should contain the complete mapping.

Some issues from this mailing list are still on our agenda: default
attributes, attribute value normalization, setNodeName, lots of
clarifications...

Feel free to send a reminder if your issue is not addressed yet.

Philippe