Re: Add Window to the DOM?

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 13:57:09 -0400
To: Brian <netdemonz@yahoo.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
Brian wrote:

> I know that originally HTML was meant to be a markup language, but windows
> and frames have crept into use on the internet. A problem is that there is
> no standard for windows. It would be nice if windows were added to the DOM
> since basically no web good webbrowser doesn't use windows.

The Window object was on issue list for a long time and has been dropped
somehow. This is also related with the Views and Formatting model, but we put
it on hold [1].
I guess this item will be back on table when we'll start discussing the future
of the DOM API but it's not the time for that yet.

Regards,
Philippe

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-DOM-Level-3-Views-20001115/