DOM representation of multi-value fields

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 19:06:36 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org

   given ist the following style sheet:

	@font-face {
	  font-style: normal, italic;

   How to present this in the DOM? I _very_ dislike the current
situation, that font descriptors are treated as properties, however,
according to the CSS grammar we have here [IDENT, DELIM, IDENT] in the
property value. In the DOM is a CSSFontFaceRule for the @font-face-rule
created and CSSStyleDeclaration for it's content. Ok, but what about the
value? I thought individual tokens make individual CSSValues, then we
have a CSSValueList with

Is that the way to go, or is it

only for the 'normal' and 'italic' IDENTs? Which DELIM tokens would then
not go into the DOM? How to present something like

  elem { twinkle: 6 > 7 }

(which is legal CSS, as far as I understand the grammar)?