DOM representation of multi-value fields

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 19:06:36 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org
Hi,

   given ist the following style sheet:

	@font-face {
	  font-style: normal, italic;
	}

   How to present this in the DOM? I _very_ dislike the current
situation, that font descriptors are treated as properties, however,
according to the CSS grammar we have here [IDENT, DELIM, IDENT] in the
property value. In the DOM is a CSSFontFaceRule for the @font-face-rule
created and CSSStyleDeclaration for it's content. Ok, but what about the
value? I thought individual tokens make individual CSSValues, then we
have a CSSValueList with

  [CSS_PRIMITIVE_VALUE, CSS_CUSTOM, CSS_PRIMITIVE_VALUE]

Is that the way to go, or is it

  [CSS_PRIMITIVE_VALUE, CSS_PRIMITIVE_VALUE]

only for the 'normal' and 'italic' IDENTs? Which DELIM tokens would then
not go into the DOM? How to present something like

  elem { twinkle: 6 > 7 }

(which is legal CSS, as far as I understand the grammar)?