Re: the CM

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:31:37 -0400
Cc: <www-dom@w3.org>

>Does the CM used in naming the interfaces i.e CMNode
> stand for Content Model ?

Yes.

>What is the idea of adding the C and M ?

To distinguish it from DOM nodes in the instance-document tree, which are a
distinctly different datatype. Or from NodeCM, which is the content-model
extension API for instance-document Nodes.

Yes, we know this is a bit less than self-evident. Some (many?) of these
interfaces are likely to be renamed some time soon, both to improve clarity
and because the whole chapter is being renamed to "Abstract Schema".

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research